69. Common Errors / Typical Mistakes (and their corrections),

 69. Common Errors / Typical Mistakes (and their corrections)


Learn to avoid some really common errors, and fine-tune your English! This episode is about typical mistakes that learners of English make when they speak. Do you make any of these errors when you speak?


ERROR: I am agree

CORRECTION: I agree


ERROR: I said you something

CORRECTION: I told you something


E: Luke told that…

C: Luke told us that…


E: If I will…

C: If I go… I will…


E: If I would go…

C: If I went…


E: If I would have gone to university…

C: If I had gone to university


E: A present to someone

C: A present for someone


E: to buy a gift to someone

C: to buy a gift for someone


E: Let’s have a coffee to that cafe

C: Let’s have a coffee in that cafe


E: I am living here since/during 1 year

C: I have been living here for 1 year


E: a girl who she lives in Brazil

C: A girl who lives in Brazil


E: What do you do tonight?

C: What are you doing tonight?


E: Tonight I will go to the pub

C: Tonight I’m going to the pub


E: go to shopping

C: go shopping


E: almost people in my country

C: most of the people in my country / almost all of the people in my country / most people in my country


E: I explain you something

C: Let me explain something (to you)


E: I haven’t any moneyC: I don’t have any money / I haven’t got any money


E: some advices

C: Some advice / some pieces of advice


E: some informations

C: some information / some pieces of information


E: a new

C: Some news / a news story


E: question – /kestchun/

C: question – /kwestchun/



Related Articles. 

16 common errors we make in everyday English


50 Common Grammar Mistakes in English


18 Most Common Grammar Mistakes


100 Speaking Mistakes You’re Most Likely Making as an English as a Second Language Speaker


30 of the Most Common Grammatical Errors We All Need to Stop Making


100+ Most common grammatical errors in Nigerian English


10 Grammar Mistakes that Can Keep Your Content from Spreading


Common Title Capitalization Rules


The Top 10 Common Errors in English Grammar We All Need to No-No.


Are You ‘Rounding Off’ or ‘Rounding Up’?


Use of ’round up’ and ’round off’ in grammar.


No one, nobody, nothing and nowhere are indefinite pronouns.




References.

teacherluke.co.uk


Comments

Popular Posts